Sunday, July 19, 2009

Coupon adventures 7/19

I was excited to see more school supplies free after ECB's at CVS this week, so I went today(Sunday) to get them since I know they will run out quickly. I had several ECB's from last weeks couponing. CVS offered free spiral notebooks, pens and several other items. I also had ECB's from the arthritis Tylenol that made me $1 per box. In the store I picked up 2 packages of filler paper, 1 package of panty liners, 2 packages of pens, 2 packages of pencils, 2 bottles of shampoo, 2 memo pads and then went hunting for the 1" binders that were supposed to be free after ECB's. I couldn't find these, so I found the manager and asked if they had them. He said no but could substitute another binder. He found me two Avery 1" binders and had the cashier ring them up as free since the other ones would have been free after ECB's. I love it when the manager does that because I don't have to keep worrying about whether or not my ECB's are expiring! I checked out and after using last weeks ECBS I paid .89 for the items I got and received $12.94 in ECB's for my next shopping trip!

Here is how it looked:
2 pkgs filler paper: $4.00
2 pkgs of pens: $1.98
1 pkg panti liners: $ .89
2 pkgs of pencils: $3.98
2 bottles of Violage shampoo: $3.99
2 Avery Binders: $ 0.00
2 memo notepads: $1.98

Subtotal $17.++

Coupons Used:
$1 coupon off of Violage
$1 coupon off of Violage
$ .99 ECB
$1.00 ECB
$1.00 ECB
$4.00 ECB
$9.00 ECB

Total out of pocket: .89

Received these new coupons:
.89 ECB(panty liners)
1.98 ECB(memo pads)
$1.98 ECB(pens)
$3.98(pencils)
$4.00(paper)
$5 off $25 coupon

No comments: